We’re creating this list of trail closures and other COVID-19 updates related to hiking and outdoor activities. Email organizer[at]dculbackpacking.com if you see anything else that should be added to the list.
As a reminder, DC UL Backpacking has suspended all activities due to the ongoing situation.
- National Park Service: https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/news/public-health-update.htm
- AT Shelters and Privies Closed: https://www.nps.gov/appa/learn/news/upload/ANST-Press-Release-03-30-20.pdf
- Shenandoah National Park: https://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/alerts.htm
- Note that park announced a temporary closure, effective April 8, 2020.
- George Washington & Jefferson National Forests:
- Campground and Recreation Areas: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/gwj/recreation
- AT Access Points and Trailheads: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/gwj/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD718767
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s COVID-19 page: https://wildeast.appalachiantrail.org/explore/plan-and-prepare/hiking-basics/health/covid19/
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club: https://www.patc.net/
- Roanoke Appalachian Trail Club: https://www.ratc.org/
- Notice regarding closure of AT in the Triple Crown area: https://www.ratc.org/mcafee-knob-and-the-triple-crown/
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources: https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/Pages/AlertDetails.aspx
- Appalachian Mountain Club: https://www.outdoors.org/category/articles/newsroom
- Adirondack Mountain Club: https://www.adk.org/properties-closed-through-april-30/
- Green Mountain Club: https://www.greenmountainclub.org/covid-19-response/
- Pacific Crest Trail Association: https://www.pcta.org/covid-19/
Updated April 8, 2020