DC UL Backpacking’s Geargasm is designed for backpackers of all levels, giving you a chance to check out the ultralight (UL) gear you’ve been eyeing and to participate in skill sessions and talks to enhance your backpacking knowledge. This is the only event in the Mid-Atlantic that has a wide assortment of UL backpacking on display—don’t miss out!
What will you see? Packs, shelters, hammocks, sleep systems, stoves, and more. You’ll get a chance to see this gear up close, and even a chance to to try some of it out.
What’s on the agenda?
• Pack shakedowns with experienced backpackers who can answer gear questions or give you tips on how to lighten your load.
• Skill sessions on common knots and fire-building.
• Talks on how to go UL and how to Leave No Trace.
• Opportunities to meet other backpackers, gear makers, and DCUL organizers.
• Bonfire and night photography.
A full schedule will be posted closer to the event.
On site camping is available Friday and Saturday nights for those who wish to stay overnight. You may arrive any time after 5 p.m. on Friday if you are camping. Please let us know which night(s) you plan to stay (Friday, Saturday, or both).
SIGN ME UP!
DC UL members should RSVP via our Meetup site.
If you’re not a DC UL member, use the form below to register for the event. Suggested donation is $10 to help us defray the costs of the event. Any amount left over will be donated to the City Kids Wilderness Project. Send your donation to http://paypal.me/DCUL. Make sure to note “Geargasm 2018” when sending.